This amazing low carb easy appetizer recipe is insanely easy to make and the WOW factor is certainly there. Little hands can help with assembling this beautiful appetizer for your picnic or gathering.
Low-Carb Red, White & Blue-Berry Easy Appetizer Recipe
Eating good doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy picnics or BBQ’s. With this easy appetizer recipe, you can enjoy a low-carb dish that your guest will love.
Strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries can be eaten in small amounts on a keto low-carb diet. Even blueberries are allowed on the keto diet in small portions. That’s because berries are lower in carbohydrates and in sugar.
- Raspberries – 1/2 cup contains 3 grams of net carbs.
- Blackberries – 1/2 cup contains 4 grams of net carbs.
- Strawberries – 1/2 cup contains 6 grams of net carbs.
- Blueberries – 1/2 contains 6 grams of net carbs.
More importantly, berries have a low glycemic load and index, making them a perfect choice for keto snacks.
For an AH-MAZ-Ing Berry dessert topping recipe, click here.
Red, White and Blue-Berry Goodness Ingredients
- Blueberries or Blackberries
- Raspberries or Strawberries
- Miniature Marshmallows** (you can substitute with another fruit like apples, bananas or pears sprayed with lemon juice if desired)
- 12 Bamboo Skewers
** If you are following a low-carb diet, click here for a Keto-Friendly, healthy Marshmallow Recipe
- Get five bamboo skewers and your ingredients ready.
- Skewer a raspberry sliding it halfway down the skewer, then a marshmallow, raspberry, marshmallow, finish with four blueberries depending on the size of your blueberries. Do all five skewers this way.
- Take the remaining 7 skewers and layer your fruit and marshmallows, always starting and ending with a raspberry. Ours have four raspberries and three marshmallows.
- Place on a serving tray and watch your guest enjoy!
This red, White and Blue-Berry Goodness is that simple